Running production quality databases in Kubernetes can be tricky. KubeDB is a framework for writing operators for any database that support the following operational requirements:
- Create a database declaratively using CRD.
- Take one-off backups or period backups to various cloud stores, eg,, S3, GCS, etc.
- Restore from backup or clone any database.
- Native integration with Prometheus for monitoring via CoreOS Prometheus Operator.
- Apply deletion lock to avoid accidental deletion of database.
- Keep track of deleted databases, cleanup prior snapshots with a single command.
- Use cli to manage databases like kubectl for Kubernetes.
Currently KubeDB includes support for following datastores: